
For the last six weeks, Audrey has been a slave to the dance. Every tuesday night, we packed up, headed over to the YMCA and Audrey practiced and practiced Ballet. The teacher, who was wonderful and stern, (just the right amount of each for a class full of 4-7 year olds), would not let the parents peek their heads in to watch their darling daughters (and one son) prance, pirouette and some other 'p' word type of dance move. So you can imagine how anxious we were to finally see the finished project.
That day came last tuesday night. I (Scott) rushed Audrey home, tossed her in the shower, blow-dried her hair, painted her nails and flung on her tu-tu, grabbed her princess garb and headed out into the abnormally cool night air.
You could tell that Audrey felt like a princess ballerina from the moment she walked on stage. There, before me, Zane, Amy, and her two aunts, Jill and Jessica, Audrey showed us what a true ballerina can be.
Here's her solo in her pink Tu-Tu.
Later we did a quick costume change for the Princess dance.


Check out the video - it's a bit grainy, as it was shot with our Canon Powershot SD1000 camera. But you get the picture. Or video.
It was a precious moment for all.
5 comments:
blow drying her hair and painting her nails! what a special night. what a great dad!
Bravo!
That's great! It is so exciting to see what our little ones can do. I have this moment often with my youngest who's five...and then I wonder, "How'd she get so big???"
I wish I could of been there!
You did so good Audrey I am so proud of you and I can't wait for you to get your christmas gift I think you will want to dance that all over again.
Man oh Man Audrey! You looked amazing on stage...just like a princess!!
See you soon,
August and Hazel and Aunt Jen
Post a Comment