Thursday, October 04, 2007

FARMER'S MARKET

I went to visit a friend of mine last night who lives a block away from a Farmer's market that whirls into town every Wednesday. We had a delightful dinner of shish kabobs and hummus while I caught up on all of her summer adventures to Columbia where she loved on children in an orphanage and then to Northern California where she explored Mt Shasta, Yosemite, Mt Lassen, Lake Tahoe and Mono lake. What a summer huh?

As we strolled through the farmer's market picking out amazing plump nectarines and fresh roasted toffee almonds, I came across my absolute favorite flower of all time, Tuberose. It was not fresh cut flower stalks bound together like I usually see at the various farmer's markets around the city, but the fragrant flower was potted in a 3 gallon tub. My friend saw the excitement in my eye and snatched up the flower for me instantly!

If I could attach the sweet smell of the flower to this post, you would absolutely drift away in it's scent. I love it. Today, Audrey and I potted the aromatic plant next to our front door. The scent wafts through the window every so often to remind me it's there standing tall ready to greet all those who come to our door.

Thanks my beautiful friend for the lovely flower.

4 comments:

Deana said...

I've never heard of that flower...it looks so pretty though!

Anonymous said...

Aweeeeeeeee!!! Sweet on multiple levels.

Jennifer said...

nice picture amy!

Anonymous said...

Amy! Your pictures are amazing!!! What a creative daughter in law I have!!! what an amazing flower! but the pictures of the kids are really amazing... glad to see Zane is tatooed!! valerie