Monday, October 22, 2007

SEATTLE WEDDING

We got back from Seattle last night. We spent the week there for my sister-in-law Kat's wedding. The wedding was on Friday. The first part of the day supplied us with hail, strong winds and of course, being in Seattle - rain, but it was not your typical Seattle rain/mist, it was a full-blown down pour, so the planned outdoor wedding moved indoors and believe it or not without a stress in the world. The ceremony took place at Kat's friends' home that overlooked the Puget Sound. The views were beautiful, the ceremony was intimate, and Kat was gorgeous. I had to fight off the tears when Kat and my new brother-in-law, Justin (whom I just met and whom I absolutely LOVE!) pledged their love and commitment to each other. As they were announced as husband and wife, the buried, hidden sun surprisingly burst through the clouds and instantly illuminated everything outdoors and beamed through the windows. Everyone was drawn outside to explore the glistening beauty. Once we were all outdoors we looked up into the sky, and there standing proudly over the new couple - a rainbow. It was truly amazing!


Scott's parents came clear across the country on a train for the wedding.

It was so wonderful to have family together.

Not only did Scott's parents come in from out of town, but a few friends from college did as well. Scott and Jen (my sister-in-law) and Trey (my brother-in-law) and Kat and I all went to school together in Michigan so the very moment our good friend Mike G got off the plane, a big ole reunion began. I have not seen my wonderful, dear friend, Mike G in many years. So you can imagine how absolutely GREAT it was to laugh with him again in person.

and believe me... he is a really good laugher.

The wedding reception was on the top floor of the Smith building downtown. Kat and Justin were in full swing along with many of their friends who are amazing rockabilly dancers.


The kids had some pretty good moves too.


The night before the wedding Kat and Justin took us to their favorite bar where we all hung out.
Scott and Justin bonded over guns.


Kat and Jen bonded over a Spin Doctors' song.


Mike G bonded with his beers.


Jen and Trey... well they just bonded.


and Justin and I bonded over a nice LONG conversation...
uh... I think we bonded... yeah... yeah.. we did!
(He doesn't look stunned to you at all does he?)


We had such a busy but, extremely wonderful trip.
Scott, the kids and I are all bit sad today though.
Leaving family and friends is always tough.

7 comments:

bandwidow said...

your commitment and closeness that you all have is something very special. so glad you got to enjoy one another, and i can't believe the timing of that sun break!!!

wish we could have seen you guys while you were here, maybe next time (under less crazy circumstances)

Deana said...

I love her wedding dress! It looks like a very fun time!!!

tania said...

sounds like a blast!! great pictures!

debbiearnn said...

that's a cute wedding party!
i love the dresses.
and the picture of the bride spinning...

Jennifer said...

twas a blast.
you are greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

What a great family time!!! Love the pics, the dresses and really just seeing your whole family together. Definitely looks like good times.

Bloomin' said...

Yaaaaay! I had such a good time seeing you guys - and you KNOW I'd do it more if I had more cash at my disposal. And MAN, how special did you make me feel by having a Mike G. section right smack dab in the middle of your blog!? Waaay special.