Friday, April 18, 2008

GOING UNDER THE KNIFE

Today is the day, I have been dreading for weeks now.

I go in for oral surgery this afternoon. I have to get a biopsy. ick!

It is supposedly a pretty painful and involved procedure, and they WERE going to do it all with just local anesthetic.
I have been nervous beyond nervous about this, I read a bunch of people's experiences online who were awake through the surgery and they said if they had to do it over they would definitely go under. I asked the nurse about this yesterday and she thought it was a good idea for me to do the same, so I finally arranged to get general anesthetic and sleep right through the all the awfulness. Thank GOD!! I am much more at ease now.

I won't be able to eat or talk after it's done, so who knows... my blogging activity may just instantly increase. :)

2 comments:

Deana said...

Eeks! I hope it all goes as planned and you don't feel pain for too long!

Jennifer said...

been praying and praying and praying all afternoon.