Here's the latest top 5 happenings:
As you all know Scott's back to work on Dexter. YAY!
SOBBING SON...
As a result, transitions have been happening all over the place . With both & Scott and I working now for the first time since we've had kids, we've had a few bumps to say the least. I think Zane and I have taken it the worst. Zane sobs at school as I drop him off everyday. I sob in my car while I leave my son sobbing at school... UGH Not fun! Scott and I have been trying to work through it the best we know how. It's been tough. But, as of Friday, Zane has now made it 4 days sob free. He seems to be happy Zane again! YAY
HIT WITH SOME NEWS & HIT BY A CAR
Lucky me, I suffered the Ides of March this year. After getting some seriously tough news, (I'll elaborate more next weekend), I held back the tears enough to make it into a local coffee shop and a nearby grocery store for a little sandwich from the deli counter and a much needed soothing latte. While my latte was brewin' a sweet elderly lady in the parking lot was zoomin'. Her gas peddle got stuck and she raced full speed ahead for the grocery store window. With good reason to panic, she whipped it into reverse to try to prevent her car going through the window, and wham bam thank you ma'am hit my car instead. My car stopped the madness. I guess you could say my car saved lives that day. She easily could have hit someone walking in the parking lot or shopping on the other side of that window. Thank God no one was hurt, but I must admit it was a little much after just being side swiped with the news I had received. UGH! But now, my car is in the shop getting fixed and I am driving a fun little Prius rental. YAY!

SICKNESS SWEEPS LA
As the end of March hit, perhaps the worst flu I have ever gotten, hit our family all at once. Three out of four of us were in bed for days sick as a dog. This flu has been going around LA for a few months now. We seemed to have escaped the awful 104 fever, chills, aches and hacking up a lungs until now. But, it got ahold of us good and hung on for quite sometime , UGH but thank God that nastiness is gone. YAY
MIKE G SWEEPS INTO LA
A HUGE highlight since mid March was Scott's and my good friend Mike G from Michigan coming into town to celebrate his birthday. Our fevers broke just in the nick of time!!! I quickly disinfected the place as he was staying at our home. I was super excited that he was visiting! YAY (no UGH in this sentence)
I had SOOOOO much fun the weekend Mike G was here! We ate and ate and ate all over LA. We went to such places as Pink Taco, Hurry Curry of Tokyo, Rambutan Thai & Mezbaan Indian.
Having spent so much time with Mike G, I learned a little something that I never knew before. Mike G has an insatiable need to play tic tac toe with crayons anytime he can get his hands on those waxy little buggers. Strange thing is, he NEVER wins, which made him Audrey's best friend.
I met Mike's friend Trent of Pink is the New Blog and David, his boyfriend of Jossip along with a bunch of Trent's friends. They are all super great! I absolutely loved hanging with them.


(photos from Pink is the New blog)
I also met Adriana another one on Mike's friends, who is an official LA Derby Doll. She is super fun!!! She's skating today, but the roller derby is already sold out UGH! I wanted to go so bad!
Adriana, Mike and I went strollin' around town one day meandering in and out of shops. We stopped at this little Mexican folk art store.
Where's Waldo... I mean Mike G?
We stopped by Auntie Emms for some amazing cupcakes and one HUGE yummy cookie. YAY
Adriana was getting over the same flu that I had, so Mike was graced with full fledge surround sound coughing all day. Lucky him!!!
Scott and I of course just HAD to take Mike G to "Scoops". And you all know what scoops is... right? Scott only blogged about Scoops once a week when he was home with the kids/ on strike/ living the life of a kept man.
What do ya say? Think Mikey liked it? (He got Basil Goat cheese ice cream or something like that.)
On the actual day of Mike's birth, Trent suggested we go out to Akbar for a little birthday dancing. Once there, however, we did not really dance too much, it was extremely crowded, But I had fun bobbin my head & bouncing to the beat while standing at our table. I really enjoyed taking in the scene, watching people, and laughing a lot with the friends we were with.
The weekend was so full. Seriously we were ALL over LA and I am not even doing it justice here in this meezly lil' post, but Mike who is a much more thorough blogger than I, has started to document the details of his birthday weekend in LA if you want to check out his blog
Well After Mike G went back to blustery cold Michigan, I went back to making appointments and forgetting appointments, such is my reality as a working mom now.
My kids have pined away for Mike G every morning. Each day at 6:30 am on the nose they gallop and leap to the living room asking "Where is Uncle G?" Sadly I hang my head and say "oh he's still sleeping...IN MICHIGAN!!"
Can you tell we miss Mike G?
Well, It has been a full month as you can see. That's my recap and I 'm stickin' to it.
5 comments:
It's good to hear from you...I've been thinking of you lately...sorry about the news...seems like no matter how you cut it life is just tough at times. I'm so glad you all had such a good time with Mike G. Love, lilia.
PS. The kids were remembering Z & A today.
FUN blog! And you are SOOOO cute! Seriously I love your hair!
It made me miss you so much!
I wanted to talk to you today but I realized that if I called you now it would be 3am...while you might be up because Aud has just snuck in your room, I will refrain :)
sorry to hear you all had the crud...but glad you're feeling better.
it was good to get a catch-up...been missing your blogs!
Awwwww... y'mean I scored more blog space than little old lady dodge car?
I miss you guys too. If I weren't working so much I'd be finished blogging about my fabbo LA trip but since I couldn't keep the power going to the computer without working, it's a slow process.
Welcome back to the blogosphere. Missed your writing. Miss you too!!
Post a Comment