Persepolis 2 picks up in her college years and guides you through more of her journey.
Now, I am not much of a comic book reader... ok actually...I'm not a comic book reader AT ALL, but I absolutely LOVED these books!

As you may know The first book was made into an animated film called well... Persepolis and actually it was nominated for an Academy Award this year.
I just saw the film Saturday night. It's heavy at times, but so very compelling all the way through. The animation looked just like Marjane's black and white drawings from the graphic novel. There was some pretty interesting stuff done with the animation. All in all, I am so glad I got to see this film up on the big screen!
I highly recommend both the film and the two books.
The film is in French, so be ready to read.
6 comments:
Thank you for reminding me of the film it was on my list, and totally forgot about it. gonna put the novels on my library list as well.
amy, it's so good to hear "your voice" again, you were missed.
NERD!!!
i'll look these up!
awww thanks Ann Krestene!
yes definitely see the movie!!! and the books are great too!
frank shaffelllllllintesssillllkitttt - nerds are cool
deana yes I think you'll like em!
So, it looks like you beat me to it but that's okay, it only makes us more of one mind than before. Yay!
Finished the books last week and saw the film on Saturday. I'm a better person for having experienced them, so much about Iran's history and culture I had no clue about. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment