
We went out to dinner as a family last week, our choice of destination was in Old Town Pasadena. We strolled up and down the sidewalk lined with old brick buildings that have become home to many of your basic chains like Borders, Aebercromie and Fitch, The Apple Store, Crate and Barrel, Victoria Secrets and the like.
And there... in the quaint little part the city in front of Victoria's Secrets window is where it happened...
Zane's eyes officially popped out of his head.
I watched as as my seven year old son starred down the tall skinny long haired mannequins fully outfitted in tiny black panties and bras.
He starred so hard and so intensely that I thought he was going to smack right into someone. Even past the store his eyes still strained for a glimpse.
"FOR REAL?!!!!! AT AGE SEVEN? REALLY??? "
"Did something happen overnight to my little boy? I mean just yesterday he thought girls were gross and now he can't keep his eyes off scantly clad mannequins? ugh!
Well a few nights later on another outing, we had ANOTHER incident of scraping Zane's eyeballs off the display window of Victoria Secrets. This time, he even stopped mid- sidewalk to take in the sights.
Scott and I deemed it time to investigate.
Later in the week, Scott asked Zane to accompanied him to the store, and sure enough, the topic came up.
"Hey Zane!"
"Yeah Dad"
"I noticed that when we've been out, you've been looking at the girls in the window... what are you thinking when see them?"
and in that moment... Zane's secrets busted out into the open and all was revealed...
"Oh dad! You know what I am thinking?"
"I am thinking... WHAT THE HECK!!!! "
"Why would anyone put those girls in front of a window in JUST their underwear for EVERYONE to see!!!!! "
" I'm telling ya, I'd sure be embarrassed if I was the manager of THAT store!!!"
"THEY REALLY NEED TO GET SOME CLOTHES ON THOSE GIRLS!!!!"
2 comments:
Ha! That's cute!
Well, at least you can take solace in that he didn't say something like, "But Dad! Everyone knows that patent leather pumps don't go with cammies!"
Post a Comment