Friday, April 06, 2007

MALO'S ON SUNSET


I went out with some girlfriends last night. We ate at this great Mexican place in Silver Lake called Malo's . While we were there we saw Kirsten Dunst walk through the dinning room a couple of times, then we saw Kelly Osbourne trip through the dinning room and then while I was leaving, Giovanni Ribisi brushed pass me.

So what is it about Malo's that brings the stars in you ask? Well for starters, one thing is probably the absolute amazing food. We asked our server to tell us some of his faves off the menu. He suggested beef, pickle hard shell tacos (I know, it sounds weird) He also recommended carnitas de al pastor. We went with his endorsements along with some of our own choices like mexican corn on the cob and fried bananas with garlic and crème. And oh WOW! was this food incredible, even the pickle beef tacos! I am definitely putting this place on my repeat list.

As we ate and chatted it up about our days, My great friend Rebecca busted out with a very probing, analytical question. "What is your most embarrassing favorite song?" she asked. The criteria was this: Say you are driving in your car alone and a song comes on, you would crank up the song, sing along and perhaps even do a little dance to it, but if by chance you had someone else in the car with you, you would quickly, without hesitation change the station, even though you love the song, out of fear of being accused of liking this song.

Well, we girls all thought it through. Rebecca's song, dare I say, was "Um Bop, by Hanson, Mona's was Macarena and Carey's was Mambo #5. I hang my head in shame as I reveal my most embarrassing favorite song. It is... ok.... uh..... "Livin la Vida Loca", by Ricky Martin. I know, I know.
Well, even our server at the restaurant got in on our little pop quiz, His pick was ... now hold on to your seat... "Um Bop" by Hanson. No lie. I promise you! And THEN... out of nowhere the actual song "Um Bop" came pumpin' through the speakers in the restaurant. Again complete truth! We all paid tribute to the song - (we had to at this point) - and did our best version of a hanson dance, whatever that is and with that, left the scene for Pinkberry. mmmmm... I'll save Pinkberry for another blog.
So tell me ~ what is YOUR most embarrassing favorite song?

3 comments:

Deana said...

so so many. i am a dork at heart...and will sing just about anything from rap music to country when I'm in the car by myself. But I guess the biggest embarrassment of a song would be how I crank up Max's music to sing along to it. I'm such a loser.

ha ha ha!

Jennifer said...

"Said if you want to call me baby
Just go ahead now
And if you like to tell me maybe

Just go ahead now
And if you wanted to buy me flowers
Just go ahead now
And if you like to talk for hours
Just go ahead now"

spin doctors always make me think our our apartment in ypsilanti and that sectional we'd jump around on...good times.

palomarace said...

hey I like Rap too!
Claim it girls, claim it! be proud to be hip hop!!!

And jen... I knew this would be yours. When ever I hear spin Doctors, you jump into my brain. They were good times weren't they?