Thursday, April 19, 2007

MY LITTLE SHOP GIRL

While Zane was at school today, Audrey and I had a bit of girly fun. We rode a kangaroo on a carousel, shared a delicious cinnabon roll and did a little shopping.

Now if there is one thing Audrey LOVES to do, it is to shop. Yes- at two and a half years old, she loves shopping. Can you believe it? Where she gets it from, I don't know. I enjoy getting new things but I've never been a huge browser of retail, it's more of a functional thing for me, but Audrey, however, loves the process of looking around, flipping through racks and trying things on. Even browsing without the promise of a purchase delights her to no end. She loves to pick out clothes for herself, for me, for Scott and for Zane. Today I was lucky enough to be her fashion makeover target. "Ohhhh mama!" she would exclaim in her wee little voice "this would look SOOO cute on you!!! " She then pulled out a hot pink tee scattered with purple flowers in a size 6...

6x that is .

4 comments:

Deana said...

Ha ha! That made me laugh out loud. You should have tried it on for her. :)

Jennifer said...

i love talking hazel to nordstrom rack. she pulls out the most "fancy" shoes she can find for me to try on. they usually have a variety of metallic colors, some pink, and a little sparkle to boot. always a good time with our shopping girls.

debbiearnn said...

sounds like fun...
I still can't believe how big she is getting!!!
I'm glad she likes to shop with you.
:-)

tania said...

shopping? with kids? with kids who like shopping? okay, so you get the idea that n&e would rather do anything else! :)