Sunday, April 01, 2007

OUR BIG NIGHT OUT

Zane, my six year old and I have been talking about going out, just the two of us for some good old fashion mother/son bonding time. I have been telling him for many weeks now of this perfect place that I know of. A land filled with large amounts of arcade games, tons of T.V.s, neon lights and prizes galore to choose from if your a lucky winner. He was so completely curious and so unbelievably excited about this mysterious, wonderful place I kept talking about called... Dave and Busters.

Well our big night out started off with a BANG!




Zane fell asleep in the car.



I shook his shoulder gently when we arrived. He awoke abruptly, straightened right up, wiped the drool from his cheek and belted out fresh from a dream in his sleepy crackled voice " Three dots are my favorite" then looked at me like what are we doing just sitting here and said "Well where's Dave and Busters"

Once he was fully a wake and coherent, we made our way to the busy restaurant straight to the huge cavernous room in the back. That's where Zane stopped dead in his tracks. Dropped his jaw to the floor, and froze in a stunned trance at the blinking, beeping, ringing sight before him.



He did a quick tour, darting from Pac Man to the coin toss. A big decision lay before him. Which game would be first. He quickly settled with an airplane driving game. We played a lot of games to say the least. We watched a bit of the Lakers game on the big screen. Then we gobbled down grilled cheese. We talked about goofy things, and yes we played more games. Zane seemed to really enjoy skee ball the most.
After all our coins and credits were gone and the games were silenced for the night, we counted up his tickets so he could go pick his prize. He actually made out with 220 tickets. I was so impressed! He went straight into the store filled with stuff frogs and batmans to redeem his golden tickets. Passing by a stuffed bear he could afford, he headed for the trinket filled bins, where he picked out three items for himself...then he picked two prizes for Audrey and a back scratcher prize for Scott. I was even more impressed by his generosity. He told me he did not get any prizes for ME, because my prize was playing games with him all night. He sure got that right.

What a great night with my little Z.

4 comments:

Deana said...

We took the family there when they were all here at Christmas. My Dad said it was like Vegas for kids! ha ha

What a great time!

palomarace said...

I thought the exact same thing!!!

Jennifer said...

we can't wait to play with you guys...friday night can't come fast enough!!

palomarace said...

we are so excited too!!!! it'll be so fun to have you guys here!!! can't wait!