My sister Jessica and I took the kids to my favorite beach in all of Southern California, Leo Crillo. It is north of Malibu and is usually only populated with a few surfers here and there bobbing up and down in the waves. But beneath those great surfing swells are worlds unseen, except for -that is - when the tide goes out. The rocky beach is then scattered with scores of sea creatures from sea anemones and sea urchins to sea slugs and sea stars. We stumbled through the tide pools throughout our day and climbed in and out of sea caves into the evening. The kids were completely fascinated, and so we for that matter. It was a beautiful, peaceful day.
*
*


*
*
*

*
*
*
*

* (My amazing sister is an amazing photographer and took these * photos)
5 comments:
all that's missing is lunch at the farmer's market! looks lovely...do you think we could get Max all around those nooks and crannies? I think the next time we make it to a beach we will look for the special beach wheelchairs you can rent. He loves to hear the ocean!
I AGREE!!! We'll do it someday Deana, I just know it!! The caves would be a little tricky to maneuver around, but I think the tide pools would be alright to move around on!!! Max would LOVE it. It is so peaceful there!
Looks like a fun day...
Glad to see pictures of the kids.
They are really growing!!!
Audrey's not a baby anymore!
yeah audrey is growing fast!
She is such a little girl now.
you gotta post some pics of your kids. I have not 'seen' them in a while.
gorgeous pictures. going to the beach with the boys is one of my all time favorite things to do with them... it one of nature's playground, right? your kids are just so beautiful, amy.
Post a Comment