
I was invited to Zane's classroom for high tea to celebrate mother's day today. Zane's teacher and the kids worked so hard to put this little party together for all the moms. The festivities started off with the whole class singing three songs. Zane busted out in a chorus line dance during the last song. He went rogue as everyone else stood still and at the most swung arms. He danced with great enthusiasm kicking his legs high all the while his eyes set straight on me. Every once in a while he would shoot me a thumbs up as if to say aren't you so proud of me, look I can sing AND dance? He smiled large and shouted the words of the song proclaiming his undying love for me. Right after the performance, Zane being the gentleman that he is, sat me down at his desk and then scurried off across the room to the table lined with silver utensils and silver tea pots. He hand picked small food items he thought I would like the best. He returned with tea and little tea sandwiches made up of cream cheese and jam. While I sipped my green tea sitting in the miniature blue chair with my legs curled up to my chest, he brought me gift after gift. He wrote and illustrated four books. As, I perused through each book, a violinist dressed in a tux played "If your happy and you know it clap your hands" Well, I should have been clapping my hands all the way through that party because Zane made me feel so special and so loved. I WAS HAPPY!
I thought I would share some excerpts from the books he wrote for me:
My mother's favorite food is burritos (I did not have the heart to tell him otherwise)
My mother is good at bowling ( I have bowled once in the last 11 years, I guess I had a good game that day)
My mother likes to talk (ehm...)
My mom and I eat soup. (broth every night)
My mom and I play soccer (I've NEVER played soccer in my life) which is why he probably wrote this next entry...
My mother's favorite sport is sleeping!
6 comments:
1. this is so sweet.
2. your hair is getting really long
3. i hope scott took you out tonight because you look smokin hot!
;)
I'm having a great mother's day here just reading this entry. How absolutely special!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AMY!!!!
PS. Am I even going to recognize you when I see you?
ha! thanks deana, no we were home bound all evening, but it was great to be home with him though, because that has become a rare thing with his crazy work schedule lately.
Happy mother's day to you too lilia! c'mon of course you will!
you had me laughing out loud this morning! happy mother's day!
What a wonderful Mother's Day Tea!
What a wonderful grandson Zane is!I just love him.
mom
you DO look very different now...growing the hair out i see...
hope the rest of the day was filled with soccer games, talking and sleeping.
Post a Comment