Tuesday, May 22, 2007

OUR SOPRANOS FAMIGLIA


For years now, every time Sopranos season rolls around, we gather up all of our mobbed up friends each Sunday night at our place for some good ole' traditional Italian eats, a little vino and a voyeuristic view into our favorite borgata that we have come to love so. There are about ten of us that have been gathering together over the years. With only two Sopranos episodes left, I think we all have a case of agita when thinking about our tradition coming to an end. We truly have become like famiglia.

Each week, we take turns making the gabagool. This week Scott and I spent Sunday locked away in our cucina making Polpettone (stuffed Meat Loaf) and Panzerotti (Neopolitan potato croquettes). mmmmmm.... delizioso! It turned out splendido, if I don't say so myself! As we ate, we watched the continuing drama unfold on tv. We all have have our theories as how the show will end. We actually got some gambling in and placed bets as to what will happen to Tony, the head of the family in the upcoming weeks. Will he get pinched and become a guest of the state or will he break the Omertá and enter the Program or will some jamook finally whack him? He may simply pop himself too, which I think is highly unlikely though. There is also the possibility that he will just continue on living the miserable existence he has created for himself and for those around him Personally I think Tony will NOT die and will either justify his going to the Feds and live with his betrayal in a witness protection program OR he will continue living as everything around him falls apart, including his family and he will be left in the path of his own destruction. If you watch the show, I would love to hear your thoughts! What do you think will happen?

Well, whatever the finale may bring, I look forward to seeing how it all ends. I have to tell you though, I do not look forward to our Sunday night tradition ending. Perhaps we'll just have to get hooked on another show, but somehow, I don't think it will be quite the same.

It's been a good run Sopranos, hate to see ya go...ciao!

5 comments:

debbiearnn said...

I love this post.
I've never seen the Sopranos or anything, but I love this post.
It reminds me of my Italian father.

:-)
Thanks for the nostalgia.
I'll come eat italian at your house on Sunday night...

Anonymous said...

do you still have your xanga? i didn't know you had this one too, i just added to my RSS so i can keep up with your happenings :)

did you get my invite for M?

luv ya!!!

palomarace said...

d~
sounds great, Sunday gravy at our place...say 8ish!
;)

n~ I did not get the invitation. what's it for?
My xanga is up, but I am not blogging on it anymore... this is where I'm at!

Jennifer said...

oh if only we lived near you...we'd add to the number...

tania said...

that sounds super yummy and fun. manga!