Monday, June 11, 2007

MY BABY GIRL TURNS THREE!

We celebrated Audrey's birthday yesterday! She was so excited for this day to finally come. For the first time ever, the whole concept of a birthday was crystal clear to her. She has had all the details worked out for quite sometime now, like who she would invite, what kind of cake she wanted and where the festivities were to take place. When she was not planning or organizing the grand event in her head, she begged me often to retell story after story of the day she was born. You can see, our whole family has been in full fledge count down mode for her special day for several months now.

So Scott and I tried to do it up right for her. We had a little celebration in a quaint park with lots of food, a strawberry shortcake baby doll cake that I went out on a limb and attempted to make, (the dress part of the cake caved in on her back side, I guess it would be correct in saying that this baby-doll got no back) and what would a strawberry shortcake themed party be without the real deal... good ol' fashion... strawberry short cake itself?

The day was delightful as she played with her best buds in the mottled sunlight dancing on the playground sand . We showered her with love and hugged her tight to make sure she knew it was true. She fully soaked in the affection from all. She exclaimed loud and proud right after her first bite of strawberry shortcake's dress, "I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!" She then crinkled her nose, squinted her eyes and pressed her lips into a broad wide grin as if she needed to prove it by facial expressions.

This morning as she awoke, I greeted her with:"Hi my little three year old!" She smiled sweetly and said in a voice much like Boo from Monster's Inc. "I am old now, mamma, I am all growed up" So there you have it ... my little Audrey, over the hill at age three.


This Strawberry Shortcake Doll birthday cake turned out more like a Debutante Doll cake.



***(unfortunately our camera has taken a turn for the worst and it does not work anymore. I am so, very sad that I was unable to get photos of Audrey's big day. I was able to salvage a grainy pic of the cake off my phone)***

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday audrey from lucas and his family. the cake looks beautiful amy :-)

Deana said...

what a great cake! very brave indeed!

Happy birthday Audrey! 3 is old!

-anonymous writer said...

WOW!!! I can't believe it has now been 3 whole years!

Happy Birthday, Audrey!!!

The cake is too cute...

bandwidow said...

Happy Birthday Audry! We have been going through the same rig-a-marole with El, as she turns 3 at the end of the summer. She decided early on that a pirate birthday is for her...ahrrrrrr.

debbiearnn said...

That's a great cake!
Happy Birthday, Precious Audrey!!!

:-)

Anonymous said...

love the cake!!! yay, audrey!

Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY. WE DID NOT FORGET! I PROMISE. your gift is in the mail...we just had a very busy few weeks...we love you so very much.

Hope said...

Wow! Your baby is three. Adeline will be two in August. Did you hear there will be a new baby at the Christmas party this year? David and I are having baby #2!! Hopefully, we will see you all there this year!