What a week it has been!
Yesterday was the obvious: Halloween... and then also the not so obvious: Scott's birthday.
It was a fun night hanging with kids and friends, roaming the neighborhood in search of sweets and then back to our place for chili and birthday cake - not that anyone needed more sugar mind you.
Earlier this week, Scott and I were able to get out to see a band and go to dinner in celebration of his day. It was such a good night for us.
Then today happened....
...the reality that the dreaded Writer's strike will most likely happen in the next few days in the film and television industry stared us down face to face today.
I have been panicking about this for many months now, hoping against hope that the strike would not happen and all parties involved would work things out before hand. Well... in short they have not so far... and it's not looking good. Let's just say it was quite a gloomy morning in our house today. If the strike happens... yep...you guessed it...no work for Scott. Ugh! The last writer's strike happened for one whole year. Double ugh! Scott and I both have been looking into jobs the past month. Nada - zip - zilch -nothing. Triple ugh!
Until that is... at 2 o' clock this afternoon. I got a call from one of the places I worked for a few years back. They want to hire me!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT... A JOB!!!! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! especially just days before the potential strike!!!! And on top of that... I start MONDAY which if it all goes down will be the first day of the strike. I will make enough for our family to get by. Can you believe it? I totally believe God has given me this job. The timing is just crazy for it to be anything else. WOW!!! I am so excited. I am just so excited!!!
I am looking forward to reconnecting with my old friends at this place of employment. I am looking forward to being on the phone without interruption or chaos unfolding in the background. I am looking forward to working hard on projects that have a beginnings and ends. I am looking forward to working for this particular company (it was my first choice and it is entertainment related, which is what I wanted). I am grateful beyond grateful that our family will be ok even if the strike goes on for a year!
I am sure I will mourn my last school day at home with the kiddos tomorrow.
But... I have a job... and we will be ok.
I am thankful!!!
Wow! what a difference a day will make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
congratulations and good luck on your new job, amy! so happy that came your way just when you needed it to. you'll do great!
Wow!!! This is awesome Amy. I am totally excited for you. I know the circumstances that led to this have been a little tough but I imagine working for you is gonna be a breath of fresh air and inspiration.
Just amazing!!! I'm happy for you!
I hope the strike doesn't interfere too much with your life!
Oh...and Happy Birthday Scott!
this post brought tears to my eyes, what a relief. wish you well in this adjustment!
oh, I'm so glad, Amy..
hearing everything in the media i was worryin for you guys..
what a relief! hope you enjoy some intense family fun this weekend.
and, i also hope that the whole crisis gets resolution before it comes down to a strike..maybe somehow..
Amy, why is it we are always surprised when God shows up!! I can't wait to see what He continues to do with the your family! Congratulations on the job, congratulations on having a 39 year old husband!!!
oops, that last entry was from the Michigan Reynolds!!!
Amy! You are an amazing woman! I can't wait to hear more about the job.
YAY for you working!!!! They are SO lucky to have your creativity and design. You are going to see so many new things in your work and family I think!!
And you know you always have a baby sitter when ever you need it:)
thanks all!
Post a Comment