Well, I did a bit of research and found it to be legit:
Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, which is made from, but is slightly chemically different from salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is a key additive in many skin-care products for the treatment of acne.
Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains water. The skin’s ability to stay moist (or hydrated) is an important factor in its ability to maintain softness, suppleness and elasticity. As skin ages, or as it is exposed to environmental stresses and chemical agents, it loses its ability to retain water; it becomes dry and appears wrinkled. Honey’s natural hydrating properties make it ideal for use in moisturizing products. Honey is also is used to treat minor cuts and burns and even acne, because it kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Studies have also revealed that honey has significant natural antioxidant properties. Antioxidants play a role in protecting the skin from the damage of UV rays, and aiding in skin rejuvenation.
The granules of crushed aspirin exfoliate the skin sloughing off dead skin cells allowing your skin to glow and your moisturizer to be more effective.
I tried it out last week, and OH MY GOODNESS! Immediately after I washed the mask off, my skin felt so extremely soft! After using the mask just two times, people started to comment how clear and smooth my skin looked. I am completely sold on this Aspirin/Honey mask. It is so effective and it is extremely inexpensive! Check out how to make it and apply it here if you are interested. It is a pretty simple process!
IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPRIN OR HONEY DO NOT TRY THIS!
And be careful not to get the aspirin in your mouth!
5 pills of aspirin would yield some 1.5+ grams of acetylsalicylic acid. Most acne medicines yield about 2 grams of salicylic acid.
5 comments:
Gonna try this, since El and I are stuck inside for a while until she gets better, I'm needing some busy work!
hmmmm honey on my face.........not so much. i hate sticky!
maybe if someone else applied it for me.
hmmm, think i'll give it a whirl...
we got the package today. thanks. sorry we left so many things though.
ann- is Ella feeling better? ugh! it is always tough going through that. Hope you like the mask. let me know what you think.
deana- Yeah, I had issues with the honey at first. It was pretty sticky, but the second time I did it, I put a little more water in the solution and I did not feel the stickiness as much.
jen~ good I am glad you got the package. Sorry it took so long to get to you. Boy time flies right on by huh? I wanted to get it to you a lot sooner.
I thought of you tonight as I described your experience at Scoops to some friends. I could not tell the story with out cracking up. Every time I started to talk about how you tasted bacon ice cream, I would start giggling!!!!. LOL Ahhhh... here I am doing it again as I type. LOL It's the lingering frozen bacon taste in your mouth all night that just kills me!!!! Maybe this mask will help with some of the impurities that you picked up from eating bacon ice cream that night!!!! Let's hope so huh? :-D
I sure do love ya jen!
I'm gonna try this.
Post a Comment