Well, several of our guy friends including Scott (who does not typically obsess on sports) gets WAY into it. It becomes an all consuming obsession every fall. The gaming aspect of fantasy football and all that it entails like the strategy, the competitive banter, the gathering together every Sunday to watch the games to see if one of your players will take you to the top and of course the plain and simple overwhelming desire to WIN slowly overtakes these guys. Let's just say many of my girlfriends tend 'loose' the men in their lives to fantasy football each year.
Well, all the 'said' guys got together this past spring and came up with a way to create much needed empathy, compassion and grace in the women having to endure the fantasy football season year after year. So they started a celebrity fantasy league for the girls. This league consists of fourteen friends spread across the country. Some girls are in New York city, some in San Francisco and the rest here in Los Angeles. We all got together one sunday afternoon and picked eight celebrities that we thought would most likely show up in the US weekly magazine. The guys planned out the whole game extremely well. There are certain pages that we get points from. Let's say, if one of your stars shows up in Hot Pics or on the Red Carpet - bingo - you're lovin' life and scoring big. We can even loose points if a celeb shows up too much in the mag - that would be the overexposure clause. I won't bore you with all the details of how the league works, but I WILL tell you that I have become an obsessed, competitive woman. I am up on all the Hollywood gossip. Like who's with who, who's preggers, who's on vacation in Hawaii or France, who's got a DUI, who's in rehab ... the important things in life. Because you know, everyone NEEDS to know when Brittany Spears goes to bathroom in a Taco Bell.

Well I think the guys were successful in their mission, I now understand the drive, the obsession and the will to win that they experience every fall but, in the process of it all, I think they have created fourteen obsessed, paparazzi rooting, celeb hounding, monsters. Probably not their ultimate end goal..... but wow! it sure is fun!!!! (especially when your ranking consistently in the top four... which is me)
oops did I say that in my outside voice?

Here is most of the league.
I swear we're REALLY not this superficial.
5 comments:
halarious
oh, you don't even know the half of it Ann! We ran all around town looking for the most recent US weekly until we finally found it...Amy was lost to us for a good half hour as she poured over the mag to total all her points.
good times!
So who is on your team?! Spill it and I can root for you!!
Ahahaha! That sounds awesome. If I had any idea who half the celebrities are, I'd totally be into it.
hey lorie-
I miss you!!! when are you back in town? Well, my team changes every week by trading, adding and dropping, but my consistent big hitters that I hang onto every week are Cameron Diaz and Jessica Biel.
g- you should totally do it Mike!!!! next season we will have a whole new league. I did not know much about who is who at all before this game. All it takes is perusing through us weekly a few weeks before you pick your celebs and then you start to see who shows up a lot in the mag.
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
I think Jen may do it too... right Jen? ;)
Post a Comment