Scott found this game called Chore Wars online. It is supposed to help give incentive to do chores around the house. Well, quite frankly, I think it has got to be the best thing since sliced bread. Here's how it works. You set up "adventures" on the site, like cleaning your room or doing homework or sweeping the floor, you name it. You create a character and then invite your friends, cousins, and siblings or whom ever you want to compete against to join your network. Based on the amount of chores you do, you earn points, strength, experience, intelligence, wisdom, special treasures etc. There may even be monsters lurking as you work. If you encounter one, you just may have to battle it. YIKES!
Well, this morning, we set Zane up on Chore Wars. I was completely blown away as Zane instantly raced and I do mean raced into his room with great eagerness to pick up the toys off his floor. Later on today, he begged me... full on begged me to mop the bathroom floor and he even planned with excitement as embraced the laborious, daunting, horrifying, boring, task of...( hold on to your seats folks)... taking a shower. This awful, miserable thing that I try to get my six year old boy to do on a regular basis has now become something he DEMANDS that he must... MUST do every day. To quote the boy himself:
"You don't understand mom, I have GOT to take a shower- I have to earn some GOLD mom, I might even have to fight the water beetle!"
WOW! Can I just say that who ever created this site is a complete and utter genius!!!! I now have the Chore War creator to thank for my consistently clean bathroom and my consistently clean son! Thanks Chore War creator!
If any kids out there want to join Zanegar and Boba August in their adventure party in the galaxy of chores, check it out here
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
totally cute! can't wait 'til el can help out a little more around the house...
Man-oh-man! august cleaned the bathroom with no...none...zilch...complaining. Hazel cleaned her room. They both took the recycling out. Hazel battled a monster and lost but loved every minute of it.
Thanks for the invite!!!
oh, wow! i'm gonna need to check this out for the boys! thanks
Post a Comment