Tuesday, September 11, 2007

FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL

It has been a BUSY week with the kids starting school, with Zane starting soccer and with Jen, my dear friend and sister-in-law coming into town for a wonderful visit to see Scott's episode of Dexter being filmed.

Well to start things off... Zane started school last week. His first day was a great success! He has a wonderful teacher again this year. Zane said that the lack of guitar in his new class (his kindergarten teacher used to play guitar everyday for the students) is made up for in funny with his new teacher. A funny, science loving, soccer playing teacher... what more could the kid ask for.


Audrey just started school THIS week. She was just beside herself waiting for her first day to come. Monday was her first day of school EVER! She waltzed right in to her classroom and started painting as if she had been there all year. "Bye Bye momma", she said with no hesitation as she glanced away from her easel for all of one second to smile at me. Did I mention she was excited to start school. She absolutely loved it and can't wait for her next class tomorrow. Oh yeah and she did... by the way... paint a picture later on in class of non other than - Yep...her momma! ~sigh~




Then Zane had his first soccer game on Saturday.

Zane laughed in complete euphoria just kicking that ball around (or at least trying to kick the ball) He ran and smiled following the ball up and down the field and even when he was playing defense in his zone when the ball was on the other end of the field, he just jumped back and forth excitedly for no other reason but out of elation. The kid was SO happy!

I even saw a new side of Scott that day...

...Soccer Dad. It was sweet.

and while Zane charged, zipped and bounded from one goal to the next and while Scott shouted affirmations and encouraging tips from the side lines, Jen took the quiet, calm moment to kick back, relax and sun her Seattle skin.



Later on that night a good friend of mine came over to watch our exhausted kids so that Jen, Scott and I could sneak out for dinner at the Bowery on Sunset and to see "3:10 to Yuma" at the Arclight. We had a such great time that night! I just love Jen!



Well, life has suddenly whipped right up into routines and lot's of school activities and excitement... and..oh yeah, I almost forgot, a bit of free time for ME with both kids in school now. Ahh what a great new phase in life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time of life Amy! Enjoy your "free" time. And congrats to Scott on his show!

bandwidow said...

So great that the kids are liking their classes!

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine passed this story on to me because I am also in BANNER HELL!! It happened just as you described. When I asked for details, I got the rules sent to me via email with a copy of last year's professional cartoon drawing of an alligator kicking a soccer ball. I am trying to cut purple puppy ears out of felt and fur with a 13 month old running around. I feel your pain.

Jennifer said...

i just now read this...we had a nice time, huh?
sigh.