Friday, September 14, 2007

KEEPIN' UP WITH THE SOCCER MOMS

Well, I finally delivered Zane's soccer team banner that I have been working on all week L- O- N -G to the judges. The evaluation took place in a local park. While I was there, I got to check out some of the competition. There were different categories that the banners were judged in. Zane's team banner was in "boys under 8 years".

I laid out my piece of work to join the other 30 banners that were in his group. Here are some of the competitors I saw while I was there.








Here are some that were in different groups that I thought were pretty hilarious!



Well, as you can see the competition was pretty stiff. There were even more great banners that were turned in after I left. I took off from the park, glad that I put in the time and effort after seeing how full- on, all-out these soccer parents go on these banners. I mean some even quilted their banners.

Wow, just wow!

I knew I would probably not place, but if anything, I was glad to simply walk away not embarrassed by the all the work that ate up my week.

I retuned later in the evening to pick up the banner. I slowly rolled up my felt piece of art. I placed it oh-so-delicately into an old tent bag that I had gotten out of storage.

And then... I picked up my...THIRD PLACE RIBBON!!!!!!! oh...um..I mean, I mean OUR third place ribbon.

oh yeah baby!

I honestly did not think I had a chance against some of these amazing banners.
I was SO surprised!

Tomorrow morning I get to reveal the banner and the ribbon to the team at opening ceremonies.

Zane was so proud as we left the park. He wanted to keep it unrolled as we walked to the car "so that everyone could see it"

Now THAT my friends, is my own personal ribbon!

10 comments:

bandwidow said...

That is a world unto it's own. Good job Amy, so glad Zane could be there and take pride in the hard work you did.

tania said...

wow, amy! i love your banner! and i can't believe how much work everyone put into their's as well. zane must be so proud of his mom!

Anonymous said...

I am to be asking you, in the hoping of Eastrne Europeanness and the futbol? Only for two weeks? Shurley and goodness can be yours for such a woman and the talent to be had in your hands with the powers and creatifnessity. I am for being the serious one now too. Please and thank you.

debbiearnn said...

after seeing the other ones in your category, I knew you had to place...

congratulations on 3rd place for the team...and for FIRST PLACE in your son's heart!

:-)

Jennifer said...

I so wish we could be there to see the parade and cheer zane on to victory.
august has his first game tomorrow after church...we're hoping the rain will hold off...

palomarace said...

it IS a world unto it's own huh ann~krestene? I am just amazed!

thanks tania. It's crazy how much work goes into these things.

Conrad NO! I am not going to Eastern Europe to make banners for your soccer teams. sorry charlie. you'll have to find another banner mom.

debbie you are so sweet. thanks!

jen I too, wish you could have been there! It would have been extra super special fun with you there!
I wish I could be THERE for August's first game tomorrow to cheer him on! Go AUGUST! Go August! GOOOOOOOOOAL!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy!!!That's my girl! The banner is awesome!You are so artistic, I new you would do a great job.
Your Mom

Dana said...

It worked Amy! I was able to see your page when I checked at home today....I LOVED this blog. Zane and Audrey sure are lucky to have you as their mom and I am lucky to call you friend:)

Anonymous said...

Props to you Amy! You did awesome on that banner and all your hard work and creativity has been acknowledged and rewarded. You make an ideal soccer mom, you've made us all proud ;-).

CLEyre said...

Oooo! I was waiting all weekend long to find out how well your banner fared. Congrats!