Monday, February 18, 2008

THE BIG TO DO

Saturday night, the Awards show that I had been planning for the last three months had finally arrived. It's pretty wild to see three months of your  hard work neatly packed into one ballroom. The ballroom at The Beverly Hilton, home of the Golden Globes became home to me this past week as I spent many hours prepping for the big night.

Trimmed with a red carpet and celebrities to adorn it, the night kicked off in full force.

Here I am right before the crowds arrived. I must have been in between getting a script to the director and figuring out the phonetic spelling of Wang Rattanasirivanich, (one of the American Gangster nominees) You know you just CAN'T have a celeb on stage botch a name publicly.


All awards going folk had to stop by registration before a their big walk down the Red carpet.


Ray Harryhausen was being honored that evening with a Cinematic Imagery award. Scott and I were just honored to meet this legendary man.


The food was as delicious as I remember it a month ago during the tasting when we were selecting the menu for the evening. I especially liked this chocolate tea cup full of tiramisu. "hmmmmmm chocolate tea cup"... (said in Homer Simpson's voice)


Long time friend Ray Bradbury presented Ray Harryhausen with this special award. It was one of the highlights of the evening as Ray Bradbury publicly acknowledged his deep love for his dear, dear friend. It was really a special and pretty historical moment.

(FYI A wonderful documentary with the both of them in it is "The Harryhausen Chronicles")


As the evening wound down, proud winners of "Their Will be Blood", "No Country for Old Men",  "The Golden Compass" among others walked off with their elegant trophies in hand.  Celebs meandered off to their black shinny cars and the excited press with their flashing lights eventually went dark. Scott and I, and a few others were left with the aftermath in the quietness of the ballroom.   But before we began to take down the press banners, and pile up posters, Scott and I posed for one more flash.


By 2:00 am, I was completely wiped out and ready to go home to sleep for two days.
Overall the Awards Banquet went amazingly well.  I got an e-mail yesterday from the a few of the higher ups and they said it was one of the best Awards shows that we've done to date.  (of course, that made me smile pretty huge)

I have two more Oscar related events this week and THEN... yes then... I will be working only 9 to 5 everyday with no more 12 to 14 hour days. 

Working 9 to 5 - just trying to make a living. (sang in non other that Dolly Pardon's voice, that is if I could sign in Dolly Pardon's voice)

Looking forward to some post Oscar relaxation!!!



9 comments:

Jennifer said...

yummmmmmm! send me a chocolate tea cup! you looked great. your seattle family couldn't be more proud of you!

Dana said...

HMMMMMMM....I am remembering someone telling a certain "awards night coordinator" that is was going to be AMAZING and she would impress herself and them...seems like that person was right. Not naming any names but....

GREAT JOB AMY!!!!

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

-anonymous writer said...

You look stunning!!! and more than that you look radiant from the confidence that comes from a job well done.

Anonymous said...

That was me...lilia

Deana said...

so pretty! if I ever threw an awards show...you'd be the person I call!

Jose L. Arroyo said...

Congratulations on what I'm sure was a great success! Everything you touch always is. I'm very proud of you. Plus you looked like a celebrity.
Looking forward to going out after the oscars are over and hearing you pronounce Wang Rattanasirivanich correctly for me ;-)

Kate Rudd said...

It was great to hear from you.
Thanks for the help with my headshots(and to the Kept Man for weighing in as well); really appreciated your thoughts - and I am SO impressed with the work you did here, Amy. just wow.

How you managed to pull it off and still look amazing is a mystery to me.
;)
Best luck with your remaining events, and hope you get the rest you need and deserve!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Amy!! Congrats
luv,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Yay! Awesome job Ames!

Plus you look smokin' hot all reclined in that chair like you were. Woof!