
Scott, aka the kept man, has up and gone back to work. He started back on Dexter yesterday. Thank God he's working! But, WOW we've been doing some fast acting juggling in the last couple of weeks trying to find child care for the the kids after school.
Zane had his first day in an after school "camp" yesterday. Audrey stayed with her Aunt and her cousin yesterday...( the first of many days to come). And then today... Audrey went to school ALL DAY for the first time ever. She is used to going half days, but this full day business is a whole new deal.
The kids seem to be adjusting just fine. Zane plays soccer and legos and is making new friends. What more could that boy want? And Audrey... well let's just say when we told her she would be going to school all day, she jumped and jumped and jumped and clapped her hands with great excitement...the girl LOVES school!!!
So, I am...working only 9 to 5 now ... which feels like a half day after all the hours I put in over the past few months. Things have settled down quite a bit this week but I am suddenly facing this "two working parents thang", I've been a bit stressed I must admit. It's a pretty HUGE thing to figure out.
I left work today, with an hour's time for me to travel 15m miles to go pick up Audrey from school. The amazing AWESOME, lovely (yes I am being completely sarcastic) LA traffic made me late in picking up my little girl. I was so frustrated and so deflated. I was picking up my baby girl late... no less on her first time at ALL DAY school.
On the freeway, with every irritating, glaring, red break light ...thoughts of my little girl sitting in class... alone with the teacher... the last kidat school... wondering where the heck her mommy is, raced through my head. (The ONLY thing mind you, racing on that freeway) Ugh!!!! I think I yelled at every slow car on the road. "GO!!! GO!!!! GO!!!!!!"
I got there late, but Audrey was happily playing dolls with a young dark haired girl. it did not even phase her as she smiled and gleefully declared "MOMMY!".
When I picked up Zane he was more than pumped to have just spent an afternoon that was full of kids and full of activity.
This whole new world of two working parents is still REALLY pretty stressful to me, but the kids seem to be having loads of fun and are SO completely wore out from all the excitement throughout the day.
And.... well... so am I for that matter, so on that note .... I'm off to sleep.
5 comments:
I know how you feel about the two parent thing. It IS a lot to think through. I constantly feel like I have to choose between my family and my job. And then there's the..."Who's going to put the laundry in the washer/dryer/closet while we're gone at work???" sort of stuff too.
I'm glad your family is flexible. I'm sure you guys will transition just fine.
ugh, I just wish we lived out there so the kids could hang with us after school. I'd even make em do homework!!
i'll take your kids after school!
you are amazing amy!
YAY FOR SCOTT!!! And yay for all of us that LOVE Dexter.
And YAY for you that you are figuring out this whole two parent working thing...man I wish I was there to help and play with them...but by the sounds of it they wouldn't really want to give up their new fun schedule.
You are doing a GREAT JOB AMY!!! Don't be discouraged!
love you!
thanks guys!!!!
you're the best
Post a Comment