Friday, February 01, 2008

THE GREAT DEBATE

So Scott will be blogging soon very soon, but until then, here's a little story about Zane's and my conversation on the way to school this morning:

As I drove, I turned on the radio.

News coverage of last night's Democratic Debate barrels through my blown out, buzzy speakers.

I ask Zane if he knows what their talking about on the radio.

He chimes in with an all knowing look on his face,
"Oh yeah, of course - THE GREAT EMOTION!!!!!"

"The Great Emotion huh?
"Do you know what it is all about?"

Again with the all knowing smirk,
"Of course, mom, I watched a little bit of it with Daddy last night. You see there is a black guy with no hair and there is a white girl with blond hair and glasses" ... he trails off.

"Yes, you're right". I respond "Do you know what they are talking about? "

"Yeah, yeah... who would be a better leader of our country." He says to my surprise.

Well, who do YOU think would be a better leader? I ask.

"UHHHHHH...
who ever is less GRUMPY!!!!"

4 comments:

Deana said...

i agree with zane!

Jennifer said...

hmmmm, so which one is that? august claims that if he could vote he'd vote for "that black guy, cause we've never had a black guy as president."

Dana said...

I LOVE IT!

Dana said...

I LOVE IT!