Tuesday, February 05, 2008

STRIKE!

Today, Audrey and I (hopefully) went on our last picket together. I'm sure many of you have read about the possibility of the strike ending as soon as this Friday -- but we're sort of taking it with a grain of salt. But, dang, if that ain't such a tasty grain of salt.

So with the promise of many treats while we picketed NBC's the Tonight Show over in Burbank, Audrey stomped around with her homemade picket sign until she was plumb wore out. At last count, Audrey felt she personally was responsible for at 'forty-hundred' honkings. We pulled the stroller out of the van, plopped her inside and then gave her a bag of Cheetos, (the preferred food of striking 3-year-olds.) But even the crunchy/powdery/stanky/sweetness of Cheetos couldn't keep her awake.

It's hard out here for a striker.
Brings a whole new meaning to 'on strike.'

6 comments:

Deana said...

i hope your striking days are over soon. but mostly i hope that it will turn out how you all would like. :)

Dana said...

Oh my goodness she is SO dang cute! And SOOO excited for you if it really ends on Friday!

My friends have made me down load Dexter season 1 and they are on Episode 4 already.... (season 1 was good but man season 2 was GREAT!)

And I am ready for Season 3!

bandwidow said...

Really SO good to hear from you guys again. I think about you a lot and really am hoping all of this ends soon. Bazan's are behind you 100%, no downloads or DVD purchases since October!

palomarace said...

Kept Man here - thanks for all the kind words. This blogging is sort of fun!

Deana said...

Kept Man,

I remember the first time I met you at the Rivera's you said if you ever started a blog you would call yourself the blogging bastard...I'm still all for that name. ;)

Jennifer said...

blogging bastard, i mean kept man,
well...is it over?
i won't believe anything until i hear it from you.
i wonder if audrey will remember striking with you...and if she does, i wonder how it will be retold.